Northern California Medical Malpractice Lawyer Fights for Injured Patients
Fighting for the rights of clients injured by healthcare professionals for over 20 years
When you trust a medical provider with your health and safety, you expect to receive an accurate diagnosis, truthful and complete information about your treatment and medical care that meets professional standards. Medical professionals who fail in any of these respects not only violate their duty, but can also cause serious harm. At Haberkorn & Associates in Redwood City, my firm has been a leading advocate for injured patients in California for more than 20 years. If you have suffered a serious injury or illness at the hands of a healthcare professional and you suspect medical malpractice, a dedicated attorney can help you pursue justice and financial recovery from the responsible parties.
Accomplished Redwood City malpractice law firm handles the toughest cases
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional or facility causes injury to a patient by failure to adhere to standards or reasonable care. These cases can involve doctors and nurses as well as surgeons, dentists, therapists, hospitals, and pharmacies. For decades, my firm has taken on the hard cases and is proud of its positive track record. I represent clients in cases involving:
- Misdiagnosis — A physician could be liable for harm caused by delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis of a condition.
- Birth injuries — Doctors who use improper tools, use too much force during child labor or fail to perform a C-section when medically advisable can cause serious birth injuries like cerebral palsy.
- Surgical mistakes —. Some examples of surgical mistakes include operating on the wrong body part or puncturing a blood vessel.
- Equipment misuse — Serious injury is possible if a doctor or hospital misuses medical equipment, such as testing devices, catheters, dressings or respirators.
- Failure to warn — When a doctor fails to educate a patient about the risks of a treatment and harm results, the patient may be entitled to damages.
Medical malpractice cases require in-depth research, necessitating an experienced and knowledgeable attorney with an eye for detail.
Aggressive legal advocacy when you need it the most
A battle with a healthcare provider is rarely a fair fight. The deep pockets of these practices and their insurance companies creates an uneven playing field, which can be intimidating when you’re facing unfamiliar territory. I can anticipate the tactics of insurance companies and their lawyers and create effective strategies that will help you collect full and fair compensation. Injured patients can typically recover damages for pain and suffering, medical bills, loss of enjoyment and much more. California law puts a cap of $250,000 on pain and suffering damages in medical malpractice cases, but despite this obstacle, I fight aggressively for the maximum damages you need and deserve.
Consult an experienced medical malpractice lawyer about your options
Haberkorn & Associates in Redwood City represents victims of medical malpractice in San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Francisco, and Alameda Counties. Contact my office today at 650-419-2123 or contact me online to schedule your appointment.